Non Governmental Organisations in Punjab
ਪੰਜਾਬ ਵਿੱਚ ਗੈਰ ਸਰਕਾਰੀ ਸੰਸਥਾਵਾਂ – ਪੰਜਾਬ ਐਨ.ਜੀ.ਓ. – पंजाब के एनजीओ
NGOs of Punjab – Non Governmental Organisations of Punjab – Non Profit Organisations of Punjab
Punjab is renowned for its largest agriculture industry in India. Punjab has achieved a great success in agriculture as it is the only largest wheat provider in India. The current best state performance award was won by Punjab. In India Punjab has the best infrastructure because it is very much developed in terms of air, tourism, rail, rivers, road and transport. Punjab consist of several industries like agriculture, fertilizers, textiles, scientific instruments, machine tools, financial services, electric equipments, garments sugar and pine oil etc. In India Punjab is the 15th largest state and has the lowest poverty rate (6.16%) according to the 1999-2000 figures.
Punjabi culture is the richest and oldest culture and is disseminated all around the globe. There are very famous singer, dancer, leader, artist and other genius belongs to Punjab. Punjab is very famous for its various dance forms like – ‘Giddha, Bhangra, Kikli, Dhamal and Jhumar’. ‘Punjab Museum’ is a very famous Museum consists of an extensive range of ?Paintings, Sculptures, medals in Folk Arts, Archeology, Art and Culture? won by various Princely states of our country.
Overall Punjab has achieved a great success but still there are some deprived people in the underprivileged areas of Punjab. They are uneducated, unhealthy, infirm, orthodox and facing paucity. To surmount their setbacks many NGOs (Non Governmental Organisation)/ NPOs (Non Profitable Organisation) /VOs (Volunteer Organisation) are functional in various neglected sections of Punjab.
NGOs working for Social welfare in Punjab
The social change makers have been working against child labour and to upgrade the education level in the rural areas of the Punjab. Providing education to every child is their main aim and to uplift their standards of living. The NGOs has been organising various kinds of group activities to develop their self confidence and self esteem. They teach the students by involving them in play activities and also organises NSS and NCC camps. Through NSS camps they guide them about the cleanliness of the surroundings and to stay in contact with the nature. Teaching them about hygiene and cleanliness of self is also the aim of their schooling. The various groups of change makers are providing them facilities to participate in sports.
NGOs are working for the dalits ‘the untouchables’ the groups of people who do not have right to enter in the home of the upper caste families and are also called as untouchables. The groups of people whose girls and wife’s are still being raped and after that murdered by the men of the upper castes and after that male persons of the families are tortured by them if they become the complainants against them. For this stratum of the population NGOs are working from years to uplift their status and also fighting for their rights and justice for them. NGOs has been organising seminars, workshops and various events to sensitize the public to fight against the injustice done with them from years which is still going on.
The non- governmental organisations in Punjab have need to work on providing teachings on the legal rights, laws meant for women and to make them aware about their common rights being a human. They need to start work to provide free of cost legal helps or legal supports at low costs to the dalit women. To empower them in actual means the NGOs have need to work on educating the girl child, providing free of cost tuition to them, safe and sound environment for their social empowerment and against moral policing and on their diet management and their health. Moral policing is one of main cause out of the various causes of suicide attempts by educated girls of big cities as well as uneducated girls of villages. Special programmes on sex education are required to be get organised for girls to clear their doubts and these seminars help them to maintain themselves well confidently in adolescent period as well as a healthy married life.
The other main issue is to work against drug- addictions, for this providing first-aid and medical care to the candidates of the de-addiction centres in villages is must. Lack of emergency care for such candidates is a major reason of deaths, because the withdrawal symptoms of some drugs lead to fatal conditions. For the farmers there is need to organise seminars by the experts of field to teach them better methods of farming. This way the various non-governmental organisations will be able to achieve their target to change the pathetic conditions of the society by empowering the weaker section of the society. At the end we the social makers also need to work for to save environment and natural resources and to sensitize the people towards the care for the animals and birds.
NGOs in Punjab are working and focusing on the aims of:
- NGOs in Punjab work for human welfare and empowerment especially for children, adults and women.
- NGOs in Punjab emphasis on the education of adults so that they can lead a better world.
- NGOs also aware the people for girl education because they are very talented to lead our country.
- Programs against female foeticide are organising in diverse sections of Punjab by make them realise importance of a girl.
- NGOs support the underprivileged and below poverty line people by giving them employment, food, education and other essential things to survive.
- A number of awareness programs are organised every month for the deprived people by the NGOs for their physical and mental development so that they can improve their living standard.
- NGOs provide health education to the poor and illiterate people and encourage them to live a healthy life.
- NGOs teach the deprived people about sanitation, safe life, proper diet, fresh water drinking, secure life etc.
- NGOs organise various programs for youth on no smoking, drug abuse and to get rid of other addictions.
- Congenial education on family planning is also given to the deprived people to enjoy a happy and healthy life.
- Seminar on social justice, inequality, cast and gender are also organised by NGOs in diverse areas to aware the people.
- NGOs work for the human rights especially for child and women by giving them equal respect and work opportunity to prove their potential.
- NGOs work to augment the potential of physically and mentally disable people and motivate them to become self dependent.
- NGOs also organise programs on vocational training, technology, disaster management, social development, watershed development programs.
- NGOs persuade the people for proper conservation of natural resources, water utilising, clean vicinity, organic farming.
- Employment opportunity is also to the deprived people by NGOs to increase their living standard beyond farming and agriculture.
- NGOs also aware the people by organising disaster management programs.
- People are contributing to maintain their road, village and society safe and clean by helping the NGOs.
- Programmes on electricity consumption, animal welfare, society welfare and agriculture are also organising by the NGOs.
- New Technology education programmes are also delivered to the farmers to enhance the agriculture sector.
NGOs working in Districts, Cities, Towns and Villages of Punjab:
ਪੰਜਾਬ ਵਿੱਚ ਗੈਰ ਸਰਕਾਰੀ ਸੰਸਥਾਵਾਂ
- Amritsar NGOs
- Barnala NGOs
- Bathinda NGOs
- Faridkot NGOs
- Fatehgarh Sahib NGOs
- Fazilka NGOs
- Ferozepur NGOs
- Gurdaspur NGOs
- Hoshiarpur NGOs
- Jalandhar NGOs
- Kapurthala NGOs
- Ludhiana NGOs
- Mansa NGOs
- Moga NGOs
- Muktsar NGOs
- Nawanshahr (Shahid Bhagat Singh Nagar) NGOs
- Pathankot NGOs
- Patiala NGOs
- Rupnagar NGOs
- Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar (Mohali) NGOs
- Sangrur NGOs
- Tarn Taran NGOs
- The Sympathetic Hearts Welfare Society, Amritsar
- Trimat Taakat Welfare Foundation Trust, Patiala
- Universal Brotherhood & Human Welfare Society, Amritsar
- Vishav Sant Parishad, Amritsar
- Vocational Rehabilitation Training Centre for Blind and Disabled, Ludhiana
- Voice of Masses, Mohali
- Volunteers for Social Justice, Phillaur
- World Cancer Care Charitable Society, Jalandhar
- Youngistaan Welfare Society Ngo, Ludhiana
- Youth Efforts Society, Hoshiarpur
- Youth Foundation, Mohali
- Zarriya A Way to Help Welfare Society, Patiala